Top 10 Travel Inspirational Quotes
Mentally preparing for our first trip around the world was one of the hardest parts. Trading the safety and comfort of what we knew and loved for unknown adventures waiting – well, that was tough. Thankfully, there were lots of others who had traveled this road before us and were kind enough to leave their words of wisdom as a road map for us to follow. Here are our Top 10 Travel Inspirational Quotes, plus a couple of more for good measure!
From the first words we adopted for our trip by Helen Keller, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing” to the great advice on packing from Susan Heller, “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” These travel adages say it all!
The words of others lifted us up so many times. Repeating travel inspirational quotes as a mantra when we were precariously perched on top of a wobbly elephant in Asia or getting ready to fall backwards into a deep, blue abyss kept us from the disappointment of not giving everything a try.
“Sometimes there is poetry written right on the bathroom wall.” — Ani Difranco
And sometimes there is a sign on the bathroom door of an Irish hillside saying “Beware of Sheep Eating The Toilet Roll!”
Here are 10 of our favorite inspirational Travel Quotes. Did we include yours?
1. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.”— Jack Kerouac
2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
3. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.”— Robert Frost
4. “Not all those who wander are lost.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
5. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” — Maya Angelou
6. “The answer, my friend is blowing in the wind.” — Peter, Paul and Mary
7. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step” — Lao Tzu
8. “Patience is a virtue” — Chinese proverb
9. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”— Saint Augustine
10. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”— John Steinbeck
What inspires you to keep going when the mosquitoes are biting or your luggage is lost (again)? What travel adage makes you want to pack your bags and head out again, even before the laundry is done from the trip you just completed?
One CommentLeave a comment
Silence Quotes, Sayings about Noise and Being Silent