We’re beyond excited to announce our partnership with Diva Destinations from the UK to promote and attend the International Sappho Women’s Festival on the Greek Island of Lesvos on September 10-24, 2022. We would love for you attend as well and can promise two weeks of gorgeous beaches, workshops, performances, excellent community, and delicious Greek food!
This International Women’s Festival has been held for over 20 years and is located in the welcoming seaside fishing village of Skala Eressos. Plans are on for a full program of music, evening beach parties, cooking workshops, wellness features, nature walks, yoga, community involvement (I can’t wait to join the Dog Splash from the local animal rescue!), and so much more! The complete program is still being put together, but here is a taste of the 2019 listing and as soon as we have a finalized version for 2022, we will share it here.
Women from around the world come to Skala Eressos, drawn to Lesbos the birthplace of Sappho, the Greek poet who wrote about her love for women. It will be our first time attending and we’re very excited about experiencing all of excitement firsthand as well.
Diva Destinations is returning for its 5th year to celebrate the festival’s 20th anniversary, but 1 year later.
Here are the trip details:
Where you’ll stay: On the island of Lesvos, the hosted group will be staying at the gorgeous four-star Aeolian Village Beach Resort. I’m already envisioning myself at the swim-up bar! Or walking down that delicious beach…
During the day there are plenty of festival workshops or walks, plus the daily morning swim to the rock which is always a great social event in the village. Diva Destinations will also be organizing their own group activities during the day including pool games, beach volleyball, local walks and group swims. Once night falls, the village comes alive as the festival showcases one of its fantastic evening performances.
Here’s what’s Included in your vacation price:
- Diva Destinations Hosts throughout your holiday
- Return direct flights from Manchester or Bristol (Sunday departure) or from Stansted (Thursday departure)
- 1 x piece of checked-in luggage of 22Kg & 1 x 10kg hold luggage per person
- Return overseas airport transfers
- 7 or 14 nights Half Board accommodation in the 4* Aeolian Village Hotel
- Breakfast and evening meals daily
- Organized Diva Destinations group activities
- Standard twin/double or sole occupancy room. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, wi-fi, safety deposit box, hairdryer, balcony or terrace en suite bathroom & air conditioning
- Beautiful private hotel pool with sunbeds & parasols
- Pool bar (drinks are an additional extra)
- Private beach with parasols & sunbeds
- Wellness centre (treatments are an additional extra)
- Your money is protected by the TTA 100% financial guarantee. Click HERE for further details
- Festival wristband
- Local tourist tax (approximately €1.5 euros per person per night subject to change)
- Personal Travel Insurance
2022 Wristbands prices: TBD
After arriving at Mytilene airport you will be transferred by coach to the resort where your Diva Destinations representatives will show you to your accommodation. We will be hosting our welcome dinner in the hotel’s restaurant, a great way to meet fellow guests. We’ll then spend the next 2 weeks relaxing, laughing, exploring and having a whole lot of fun along the way.
Prices based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room with balcony:
- 2 Week Prices
- Stansted departure 8-22 September 2022 £1707 pp ($2311 pp USD)
- Manchester Departure 11-25 September 2022 £1827 pp ($2474 pp USD)
- Bristol Departure 11-25 September 2022 £1662 pp ($2250 pp USD)
- 1 Week Prices
- Stansted departure 8 – 15 September 2022 £1072 pp ($1451 pp USD)
- Manchester Departure 11 – 18 September 2022 £1208pp ($1636 pp USD)
- Bristol Departure 11 – 18 September 2022 £1055 pp ($1428 pp USD)
Prices are based on today’s airfares which are subject to change at the time of booking.
Much more info and how to book this incredible vacation offer here at Diva Destinations Lesvos Women’s Festival Holiday 2022!
Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have about this extraordinary festival holiday. Imagine yourself on a gorgeous Greek Island, surrounded by like-minded women, soaking up the sunshine as well as the camaraderie you’ll find with your new friends from Diva Destinations! We’re thrilled to be a part of this festival for 2022 and would love for you to join us. It’s time to travel again!
The Greek Poet Sappho and the Girl from Mytilene
Nicolai Abildgaard (Danish, 1743 – 1809)